The proper function of the colon is of high importance for your overall health, as it is a vital part of the digestive system, so you should take care of its health. According to Dona Gates, the founder of Body Ecology, maintaining a healthy colon and digestive system strengthens the overall health and ensures the […]
Makes 4 servings ( 1 pita half with 1/2 cup filling)
- 1 1/2 cups diced cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup red seedless grapes, halved if large
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 1/2 tablespoons plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 whole wheat pitas, cut in half
- 4 pieces leaf lettuce
- 2 tablespoons slice almonds
- Combine chicken, grapes, and celery in medium bowl. Combine yogurt, mayonnaise, salt, chili powder, curry powder and pepper in small bowl. Stir well. Spoon over chicken mixture; stir again.
- Split each pita half open and line with lettuce leaf. Spoon 1/2 cup chicken mixture into each pita half; sprinkle with 1 1/2 teaspoons slice almonds
Nutrients per Serving:
- Calories 178
- Total Fat 3g
- Saturated Fat 1g
- Protien 20g
- Carbohydrates 20g
- Cholesterol 41mg
- Dietary Fiber 3g,
- Sodium 410mg
- 1 Bread/Starch
- 1 Meat
Check out this great recipe for some healthy, crunchy snacks that you can make quickly. Sounds like a great little snack that you can have around when you need.
Did you know that lower-sodium tomato or vegetable juice makes a convenient soup base? This creamy soup uses a ready-to-drink beverage plus diced fresh tomatoes for a double dose of flavor.
This soup makes a great, quick, light evening meal or something to fill a thermos and take to work on a chilly day for a warm lunch. Either way, it is easy to make, great to the taste and good for diabetics and non-diabetics alike.
Homemade Double Tomato Soup
- Serves: 4
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 ½ Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 cups lower-sodium tomato juice (V-8 or other brand)
- 1 cup seeded, diced fresh tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp minced fresh oregano
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup low-fat evaporated milk (optional)
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add the flour; stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the tomato juice and mix well, whisking if necessary to make sure that flour is dissolved. Add the tomatoes, basil, oregano, salt, and black pepper. Bring to boiling, lower the heat, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- (Optional) Add the evaporated milk; stir and cook for 1 minute. Do not boil.
- Serve immediately.
Per Serving: Calories 170, Total Fat 8 g (Sat. Fat 1.7 g),
Cholesterol 5 mg, Sodium 205 mg, Potassium 660 mg, Total Carbohydrate 20 g (Fiber 2 g, Sugars 14 g), Protein 7 g,
Phosphorous 175 mg
Choices: Fat-free Milk 0.5, Nonstarchy Vegetable 2, Fat 1.5
Today we look at how to get more for less. Add more volume, chew appeal and nutrition to a favorite dish while subtracting unwanted calories.
Our dish for today is a bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich made on white bread with mayonnaise.
- Calories 470
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Carbohydrates 34 g
- Sodium 1,130 mg
After our conversion to a clean salad with more fiber, no refined starch, and less sodium and fat than the sandwich:
- Calories 140 (330 less)
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g (5.2 g less)
- Carbohydrates 8 g (26 g less)
- Sodium 165 mg (965 mg less)
See how we do it and what dish we create…
Source: Spicy Rapid Roast Chicken Recipe
I prepared this chicken for dinner and it was out of this world!!! I would double up on the spice ingredient and rub it under the skin as well. It gave the meat a nice kick. Prep time is simple and cook time can be a little longer, in my opinion.
Give it a try and post your feedback. I would love to hear from you.
#orgbabydad #organicbabydaddy #kickinchicken
Looking for a way to convince those picky eater in your house to eat more veggies? Check out this article on 10 ways to help you get them over the hump.Ideas and recipes for getting your family to eat more vegetables, including oven fries, roasts, purees, kale chips, cheese-y sauce, muffins, dips, and more.
I have had some great dishes made with tempeh. It can be a great substitute for fish in your vegan/vegetarian dishes, My wife makes an incredible fried fish meal with tempeh that will have you thinking that you are eating a piece of real fish.
Click the link below and explore some great recipes that use tempeh. Tempeh is a fermented soyfood,and like its culinary cousin tofu is quite versatile, but has a more distinct flavor as well as a dense, chewy texture.
Check out this week of meals planned and laid out by one of my favorite websites. Hoping to bring you great meals and recipes on a regular basis.
Click the link below for all of the information.